Permitting, Regulatory Compliance, and the Highest Caliber Defense Litigation in the Industry
At Greenspoon Marder LLP, our team values legal excellence and creativity in all our endeavors, and we strive to set the industry standard for ethical and principled representation. We work to imbue these values in our clients as well.
When you retain our offices, you are not just getting a lawyer: you are creating a team of proven industry leaders who can problem solve and strategize in exciting and creative ways, each of whom are dedicated to seeing you succeed.
Learn more about the comprehensive services our office provides.
Get in touch.
Are you seeking a local permit or state license?
At Greenspoon Marder LLP, compliance with California law and client safety is our supreme objective. Our next highest objective is to see our clients thrive.
Our team constantly strives to improve our knowledge of California cannabis law, and the office’s vibrant litigation practice allows the staff to hone this understanding in fresh and inspired ways. We strongly advocate a “safety first” approach, perfecting legal and environmental compliance in a proprietary and forward-thinking manner.
Permitting, Licensing, and Regulatory Compliance
Develop a Next-Level Legal Action Plan to Secure and Maintain Licensure.
- Symbiotic Business Strategies, Cooperatives, and Co-Branding
- Comprehensive Permit/Licensing Preparation and Advocacy
- Business Formation Analysis and Inspired Operations Development
Get up-to-date legal analysis in a private attorney-client privileged setting.
- Legal updates regarding local, state, and federal cannabis law.
- Begin to formulate your legal action plan and strategy for the future.
- Understand how to protect yourself during the transition out of cannabis prohibition and into reasonable regulation.
Clinics and Small Group Trainings
Learn the most recent legal updates in a small group setting.
- Greenspoon Marder LLP hosts a small group Cannabis Clinic for those interested in current California law. Call for our next available Clinic date.
- Would your team benefit from a legal update training? We can help.
Code Compliance and Ordinance Defense
Learn how to comply with your local Code now.
- Assistance with handling a law enforcement request for inspection.
- What to do if you have received a citation or fine.
- Local Code compliance assistance.
Cannabis Crime Defense
Have you been arrested or charged with a Cannabis Crime in state or federal court?
- Greenspoon Marder LLP has extensive experience in canna-crime defense.
- If you have been arrested or charged with a cannabis crime in California, do not wait. Please call today.
Compliance with California law and client safety is our supreme objective.
Starting or maintaining a California canna-business is an undeniably complicated undertaking, and engaging the right attorney is one of the most critical steps you can take in this new era. You will need an attorney that can give you logical advice about California’s quickly-changing and fast-paced legal landscape so that you can make informed decisions, and move forward with wisdom.
"Heather is fully and completely committed to showing up for what is right. She's compassionate and intelligent and resourceful and willing and funny. What more could we ask for in an attorney in her line of work, at this juncture? Thanks for being a Rock Star, Ms.Burke."
"Love this woman ...10 stars ...she has gone far beyond her duties as a lawyer and has been a crusader in the rights of patients ... What a blessing it is to have her in this community."
"Nobody knows the law about MMJ better than Heather and her staff."
"Heather is one of the most knowledgeable, passionate and competent legal advocates for medical cannabis providers in California. Nevada County is fortunate to have her here!"
Heather L. Burke Esq.
Sarah Smale, Esq.
David Frankel, Esq